1. All payments are processed by pre-autorized credit cards or auto draft from checking accounts on the first of the month. Tuition is never prorated for missed lessons by students. Tuition does not include any retail teaching materials such as books or instruments rentals.
CANCELLATIONS AND MAKEUPS
2. For any lessons missed by a teacher, the studio will attempt to provide a convenient make up lesson. If a make up lesson is unavailable we will issue a credit to be applied to the next month’s tuition. For any lessons missed by a student, teachers may be available for direct make ups if a convenient time can be arranged otherwise the Studio holds one hour group makeup classes every month. The classes are age appropriate and are scheduled based on make up lesson needs.
To sign up for a makeup class, contact our staff and not the instructor for date and time.
3. To discontinue lessons and to discontinue charges to your account, fill out the withdrawal form before the 15th of your last month. We do not prorate tuition for the last month’s lessons. Students will be responsible for their last month’s tuition whether or not they attend lessons.
AVERAGE OF FOUR LESSONS PER MONTH
4. Monthly tuition is based on a 48 week year. This allows you 4 weeks for Holidays OR Vacation at no charge. In the long months, you will get five lessons, short months such as November and December, you may get three lessons if you decide to take vacations, and most months you will get four lessons. The tuition is the same each month; i.e. we don’t charge you more when you have five lessons, and we don’t charge you less when you have three lessons in a month. This makes everyone’s accounting easier.
5. SoCal Music Studio operates year round and does not break for summer. We are happy to offer unlimited make ups for our students, and they are held every weekend. If you are taking a month off for vacation and want to resume the next month, your payment is still due on the first of the month to reserve your lessons space. The lessons for the month you miss can be made up when you return from vacation.
OPEN DOOR POLICY
6. Parents are always welcome to sit in on lessons. We have an open door policy for lessons. If you are having lessons for your child in your home, an adult from your family must be present to supervise all lessons.
7. Music is meant to be shared and students will be encouraged to perform whenever they have the chance. Performing helps build confidence and benefits your child in many ways. It also gives your student the chance to show off what they’ve put so much time and effort into. We host a variety of optional recitals throughout the year. Students may decline to participate for any reason but will be encouraged to perform by our instructors.
AT HOME PRACTICE
8. All students are expected to play on a regular basis for a minimum amount of time determined by your instructor. The advantage of creating a good practice routine allows your student to excel much quicker than most students who do not. Retention and muscle Memory are vital keys to success in music and your students’ ability to reach their goals.
9. All students have the option of borrowing an instrument to get started with lessons when supplies are available. A simple agreement can be completed for an instrument with no charge for the first month. Each additional month is subject to a $17 flat rate per instrument.
LESSON BASE RATES
30 min Lesson $37.50
45 min Lesson $52.50
1 hour lesson $67.50
ADDITIONAL FEES THAT MAY APPLY
$7.50 per IN Home Location
$ per extra student
$17 Instrument Rental
Please contact us anytime you have questions, concern or feedback. We're here to support your musical endeavors however possible!